Thursday, August 13, 2009

Steven


Time is funny. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday Steven was here calling me Mamma and giving me one of his wonderful hugs and other times it seems decades and decades ago since he was with us. Eleven years have passed and not a day goes by I don't think of him and hope he knows how much I loved him and how I never really gave up on him. I am happy he is at peace and doesn't suffer anymore. I wonder if he knows he was a hero for all the families that benefited from his death. His death didn't just change our family, it changed the lives of all the families whose loved one received one of his organs. When I think back to the memories of my son, I am not sad. I am happy for the time he was here and that he doesn't have to be here anymore. Be at peace, Steven and know that you are missed.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I really love this!! I remember when I was little at your house every day, I always wanted to be with Steven, I had the biggest crush on him!! :) He was like my second brother and I miss him too!!